Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sunday Girl


Yes, I make good on my promises!

Here's what I wore last Sunday to visit our National Museum with I. Our main purpose was to see the Spoliarium at the National Gallery, but as we found out, the main building was closed for renovations! We ended up visiting the Museum of the Filipino People instead, which was a fun experience. There's always something to learn from the past, and it's always nice to see parts of your culture and heritage on display. After going through all the exhibits, we headed to Intramuros to have coffee at the prettiest Starbucks branch (built right inside the old walls of Manila!) and walk around Muralla Street. Definitely not a bad way to spend the afternoon.

R wears: Black top - Gifted ; Polkadot skirt - Thrifted ; Bag - Longchamp ; Belt - Peacocks ; Black sandals - Forever 21

I bought this blue polkadot midi skirt when we went thrifting in Tagaytay. It was a last minute impulse purchase but I just couldn't help myself! I'm pretty much in love with anything that has polkadots. I'm not a fan of midi skirts but I thought I would give it a try anyway. It's definitely a more practical (and modest) option if you like wearing skirts, especially if you'll be doing a lot of walking outside. I've lost count on how many times I've had my short skirts blown up by the wind. Marilyn Monroe, I am not. This look would definitely be perfect for sightseeing. I'm already imagining taking this skirt with me when I travel. Wishful thinking!

I wears: Jacket - Thrifted Levi's ; Shorts  - 168 ; Red tunic - Gifted ; Sandals - Parisian ; Bag - Thrifted

And here's I, who wants to say that she is still alive and that she has survived her law midterm exams. Hurrah! Maybe she'll get around to posting when she's done studying. Hint, hint!

The five-day weekend is over, sigh. Bright side: only 3 more days until the weekend! x




No comments:

Post a Comment